Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It Never Gets Old

HELP team volunteers split their time between community service projects, visiting orphanages, and vocational training.  Vocational training is one of my favorite things to do.  Vocational training consists of teaching skills to children ages 9-14 within a certain village.   We teach them to sew backpacks, weave purses and baskets out of yarn and cord, and make brick molds.  I will never tire of sitting with a group of African children and teaching them to do one of the our projects.  They pick it up so quickly, and I love to teach them.

I can't really explain it well, but I LOVE these kids so much--the moment we pull up to a village I am so excited to get out and get to teach them and play with them.   When its time to go, I just want to hug them so tight and tell them I love them, and I wave like a little kid at my new friends as we drive away.   

Ernesto, Phillip, Paizinho

I got out my bubbles to keep the other kids busy. :)

  
My attempt at torta de frango (chicken cake/casserole).
Everyone said it was tasty--maybe they were being nice. :)

1 comment:

  1. Drake, you are incredible! Thank you for being such an incredible example!

    ReplyDelete