Friday, June 29, 2012

Baby Orphanage


Nothing we do compares with our work at the baby orphanage.   It is the most hearttouching experience.   Read more about it in my blog post from last year.  

This year was incredible as well, and Telma and I became inseparable.   The first time I went up to see the little ones, the babies were afraid of me, but Telma was the first to come up and sit on my lap.   Every time after that, whenever I would walk into the room, she would run over and motion for me to pick her up.  I love her!!!  She is HIV positive, and just finished a serious set of treatment.  Her mom died when she was little, and so she and her sister came to the orphanage. Telma is the sweetest thing, and I love loving her.


Me and Telma, my baby



2 comments:

  1. Hey! So...that first picture of the two kids, one with their arm around the other...about that...I know you're probably stewing over which of them to bring back for me as a souvenir so I thought I'd make it easy on you by just telling you...I'll take them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing things you are doing! =) I am truly inspired to go out and do good things in my community. Thank you for your posts! - Valerie Seals (Lubawy)

    ReplyDelete