Monday, June 25, 2012

Gorongoza National Park Safari 2

There is something surreal and extremely exciting about setting out early in the morning in search of big game in Africa.   It is the very definition of adventure.
Morning safari starts with breakfast at 6:00am, in the jeep by 6:30

Such-what-a bird

Impalas.  Funny, we counted 187 warthogs, but I don't
have a single picture of one.

Yeah, let's safari!


Guess what animal this is and you WIN!

Picnic lunch on the way home

I am now totally used to driving on the left side of the street,
passing cars on the right and avoiding oncoming traffic.

7 comments:

  1. Drake, it looks like an awesome adventure, keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome to see all of your pictures!! It's nice to see that you are having some fun with all of the work you are doing. I have always wanted to visit Africa. I will keep reading and watching your adventures. This is Ryan still working hard at Gragson :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the animal looks like a hippo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dedree! Your encouragement is very encouraging. :)
    Ryan, so glad to hear from you! I'm getting excited to come back. Also, you win! It is indeed a hippo, though that's about all we saw of it. We saw crocodiles nearby too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does he win? Do I get one too if I guessed "hippo" BEFORE I saw the answer?
      Thanks for sharing your experiences, Drake. What blesses one, blesses all. Your blog is certainly proof of that. Is your background picture one of your own? If so, that's some great photography, kiddo. Tell me you're using something other than your cell phone. :0)
      Hugs,
      Kathryn

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Kathryn! You also win! Prize to be determined. :) The background picture was taken by my friend Brandon last year, so it is not mine--he is a fantastic photographer, and I aspire to be more like him in my photography one day. Keep commenting, it's great to hear from you guys!

    ReplyDelete