Sunday, March 7, 2010

St. George Getaway


Last weekend was my long awaited and much anticipated trip to St. George. My cousin Lyric and I zipped down on Friday after school to spend a few days with our Smiley grandparents. I love them and I love St. George! We went hiking Saturday morning, and though it was mainly overcast, we ended up catching the day's 10 minutes of sun while we were out. I was excited because it was a hike that Grandpa and Grandma hadn't done before, and they've done almost all the hikes in that area. It was fun to be able to explore together. We munched on crackers and cheese on our way back, my favorite hiking lunch.


Then on Sunday the weather was beautiful--sunny, 60 degrees. We went to church with my grandparents in the morning, and then just relaxed in the afternoon, until we had to say goodbye to the fun and head back to reality. It was a welcome break. Lyric and I both mentioned that on our missions, the two places we missed most were my Grandpa's cabin in Wyoming and St. George, Utah. They're still two of my favorite places on earth!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Drake if you could stop posting beautiful photos on here I'd really appreciate it. It's photo's like yours that make me feel I should abandon my career as a photographer all together. I thought I was pretty alright until I saw these...just like I thought Ceri was a cool name but now I've heard Lyric. Can you just please delete this entire post so I can forget it ever existed???
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete