Sunday, February 21, 2010

My First Mosaic

Wow, I have been so artsy lately! This Friday my friend Stacey set me up with her friend Shannon and we went on one of the most creative double dates ever. First, the girls prepared us a delicious Mexican feast, complete with deep fried jalapeno peppers! Then Stacey revealed the night's activity: mosaic-making! She and Shannon had purchased a bunch of different color plates from DI, and had broken them into pieces for our artwork. Isn't that great? A lot of glass breaking, hot glue gunning, and several hours later, wa la! Here's the picture I made--can you tell what it is?

6 comments:

  1. It looks like an arch from Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the arches. :) It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool...I may have to do this project with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's Delicate Arch. Aunt Anna Marie, your kids will love it, and it will keep them busy for a while! Thanks, Ceri, I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out you have a blog! And I just, just found out that I'm mentioned on it. I'm FAMOUS!

    ReplyDelete