Sunday, March 21, 2010

Drake's Delicious Dessert Contest (3DC)

This week I hosted my first ever dessert contest, and it was a smashing success. We had 14 entries, and they were amazing! I was so excited at everyone's hard work and creativity--some people went all out, and I love that!

Everyone tried each dessert, then rated each on presentation and deliciousness. I've included the winners below. The Most Delicious Dessert prize was a gift certificate for a half dozen gourmet cupcakes from Cocoa Bean Cupcake Cafe. The Best Presentation gets a picture of their dessert here on my blog, on my Facebook, and on my apartment door.

It was a lot of preparation and work, but that was half the fun for me. I loved it! I made everyone dessert name tags, and hung random dessert quotes around the room for people to read as they munched and mingled. I even themed the event with colors--brown and green. It was such an enjoyable night, so much fun.



Best Presentation: One Trick Apple Pie


Most Delicious Dessert: Mmmmm... (Ice Cream Oreo Pie)
**Note: In case you wanted to know, my dessert was Mouse de Maracujá, a frozen passion fruit mousse from Brazil. It was ranked the second most delicious dessert. :)

1 comment:

  1. This was so delightfully fun! I'm so glad you are so fantastic to plan a dessert night such as this! I look forward to future nights hosted by 3DC. :)

    ReplyDelete