Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Perfect Conference Day

Saturday was the perfect conference day. I went with my cousins Juliann and Jake to my aunt and uncle's in Alpine. All of us gathered comfortably around the television, notebooks and pencils ready. When President Monson started talking about temple work, suddenly I got all anxious inside, and I knew he was going to announce the temple I've been working for and waiting for for 4 years: Fortaleza, Brazil! I was overjoyed, and I cheered inside, and almost cried outside. Everything in the Brazil Fortaleza Mission was turned towards preparing the area for a temple, so that the members could enjoy those blessings. This news is a grand realization of our efforts and a reason for much rejoicing. I'm completely elated!

After the first session, we dined like royalty--homemade cinnamon rolls and fresh peaches from my favorite orchard in Washington. I ate to my heart's content. Then we went on a fall hike in between sessions and enjoyed nature and colors. I couldn't have planned a more perfect conference day.




No comments:

Post a Comment