Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Kedesh

Kedesh might be my favorite place in the world.

Kedesh is an all boys orphanage here in Beira (Read about my visit last year here).   They are the lost boys from Peter Pan, and I love every minute there.    Tonight I hung out in the kitchen, and Joao Bude, 10, taught me how to make popcorn while my good friend David, 15, fried up the Mozambican cake/doughnut holes. Joao was an excellent teacher, modeling what to do then putting me in charge so I could get guided practice and independent practice.  I was very impressed.  I played games with Lucas and Vovo. I remembered Joao's and Alberto's and Sergio's names, a year later.  We all joked and chatted and danced.

I can't describe why I love Kedesh so much, but I truly do.  I just love being there.  The boys are so incredible, so happy, and so much fun.

Kedesh might be my favorite place in the world.

This is my favorite picture ever.  Props to the photographer, Natalie Stevens.

3 comments:

  1. Well Drake, I just came in to work for a few hours and decided to catch up on all of what you have been up to. Sounds like this year is going to be just as memorable and productive as last year. Oh, to be single and carefree!! This has been fun to experience all that you are doing through your blog. I would love to travel to Africa some day (on the bucket list). Keep up the great work!! (Ryan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of some happy youth! Appreciate you sharing.

    ReplyDelete