Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Need Africa More Than Africa Needs Me


Well I'm back from Africa.  Words cannot describe how much I love that place.   I am glad that I get to help in some small way, but the reality is I am the one that is most blessed by my trip to Africa.   I am reminded of what really matters in this life, and what joy and love look like in their purest forms.   Being in Africa lets me unwind, de-stress, and truly rediscover myself.

Our team leader Greg showed us this video one night, and it became my mantra for this trip.

I need Africa more than Africa needs me.

1 comment:

  1. Drake that was a spectacular video. Truly amazing. It's good to remember what really brings people true joy in life. I think we all need that reminder every once in a while. I really really liked that video and I haven't even been to Africa but one day I'd love to go there and see it all for myself. That would be truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete