Sunday, August 8, 2010

4th Grade!

Three weeks into institute, the Las Vegas Valley TFA staff came out to LA to meet with the Las Vegas corps. At induction, we had been told not to expect our placement until the second week of August. Well, on this night they handed out these packets and had us all open them at the same time, because it held sensitive information regarding our placements. It felt almost like opening a mission call. I pulled out the first sheet and read, "Congratulations Drake! You are assigned to teach 4th grade. You will be teaching at Gragson Elementary School."

4th grade! I'm so happy. I couldn't have picked it better myself. That's exactly what I wanted. I don't even know my kids yet, but I already love them, and I can't wait to meet them on the first day of school.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for re-entering the blogging world! And keep it up, I'll need at least weekly Vegas updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I can see you with your little fouth graders, they will love you and you will love them so it will work out wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be a great 4th grade teacher! I know that the students will adore you! I really hope that I get teh opportunity to see you teach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't think of a better fit for you Drake. Keep me posted on how things go. Today is the first day of NSO, so I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete