Sunday, February 7, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars and Lettuce Wraps

Lately I've been a bit more explorative in my baking--I'm ready for some new recipes. This week I made Peanut Butter Bars for the first time. Wow! Delicious! I took a big plate to work for everyone, and since a few people were out of town, I figured I could count on one or two left for my lunch when I came back in at noon. Nope! Nothing but crumbs left! They were an absolute hit.


Peanut Butter Bars
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter/margarine
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
2 TB milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Then for the frosting:

1/3 c. peanut butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c. milk

Mix and spread over peanut butter bars after they have cooled.


Yesterday, together with my friend Joy, I tried my hand at lettuce wraps. With Joy's water chestnut skills and my lettuce ripping technique, we created a scrumptious lunch. Another hit!


1 comment: