Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creativity in Action

So one day last week my cousins were in town for the evening, and though we didn't really have a plan, we knew we wanted to get together and do something. Being the fount of creative ideas I am, I suggested that we all learn the mambo. When that idea failed to receive thunderous appeal, I pulled out Idea #2: Redecorate my kitchen. Now this was something my artistic cousins could get excited about--soon we were out the door racing to the craft stores before they closed in search of canvas and paint. When we returned, we couldn't decide for a long time exactly what we wanted to do, but after a while came up with the drip and flick idea that you see below. We wanted them to be a set--can you tell what the theme is?


The moral of the story? When you've got a night with friends ahead of you, and you start asking what should we do, before you default to a movie, start thinking creative. What can you do that will encourage friendship, cultivate creativity, and leave you with something to remember the evening by?

4 comments:

  1. Drake, I love these! If you're ever low on money, you could start a business. I'm going to guess the theme is octupus. Actually, I have no idea, but love them anyway. Abstract art is seriously one of my favorite styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, thank you! I'm so glad you commented. Perhaps instead of saying theme, I should say they are a set of 4. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi drake! how have you been. the peanut butter bars look delicious, yay baking! i love the pictures, i wish i was creative like that! is it the seasons? very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli,great to hear from you! You're right, it is the seasons! Aren't we clever? I'm sure you're just as creative.

    ReplyDelete