Sunday, November 29, 2009

I spent Thanksgiving at my aunt's house in Spanish Fork. Besides the most delicious turkey, potatoes, stuffing, yams, cranberries, creamy orange salad, and pie, the highlight of the day was the bingo ball tournament. It's also called senior golf--where you throw two golf balls on a string at some rebar posts and try and get them to stay for points. Everyone played, and when you weren't playing we sat happily on the deck cheering on the players. I actually make it to the semifinals, but that was the extent of my dingo ballness. My uncle, the one throwing below, won the whole thing. You know, it doesn't really matter so much what you do when you're with family--just being with them is the best part.


4 comments:

  1. Amen Drake. Amen and Amen.
    My wish for your success still
    stands. As it always will.
    love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never comment on your blog, but I'm always checking on it. Your blog reminds me of your missionary letters-well written and enjoyable to read without ever being over lengthy.

    I love that pic of the Smileys. I think Mykal looks like Aunt Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! What a nice thing to say. I'm glad to hear that your checking my blog, I'm always wondering who is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, had a great time at Thanksgiving. We are so lucky to enjoy one another's company so much.

    ReplyDelete