Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

This was a great Christmas, as they always are. Here's me by my incredible stash. Thank you, Santa! I got more than I deserved, for sure.
The gift I was most excited for, however, was one I was giving (isn't that often the case?). Our family has the tradition of watching family home videos to pass the time in the evening before going to bed on Christmas Eve. Our videos were on little old 8mm tapes we could only play through our old camcorder which hardly worked. We would always rummage around to find the right cords, and then spend most of the night trying to find the our favorite parts. Well, somewhere I got the idea to move all of that footage onto DVD, and I knew that there was a lab at BYU to help me do that. I even created neat DVD menus and scene selections. Turns out it was a larger project than I envisioned, but the final product was really great: A 5-DVD set of 8 1/2 hours of family fun. I was giddy all week to give it to my family, and for my sister in Alaska to open her copy and have a piece of family on Christmas Eve.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I voted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the famous Drake dancing video!! Awesome gift!! I have been wanting to do the same thing for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for commenting, Melanie. Great to hear from you! Let me know if you start doing the same thing, I'll tell you a bit to save you time. Later!

    ReplyDelete