Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Spirit

You know, with projects, papers, and presentations, not to mention finals, I haven't really gotten into the Christmas spirit yet like I usually do. Today, though, was an incredible day--I'm now in the Christmas spirit. First, this morning I got in the spirit of giving by making a cream-cheese danish for my wonderful friends in Apartment 209. I put on my festive green sweater, and Dan wore my red one--everybody loved our sweaters!


Then at church I participated with the ward choir in the Christmas Program, and loved it. Things kept getting better. In preparing for my home teaching message, I came across a great little video about the Christmas spirit. It made me happy to talk about Christmas with my home teachees. Then, the greatest Christmas miracle of the day--I come home and my roommate says, Hey, there's something for you in the living room. It's a Christmas tree! My roommate and his girlfriend heard about my sadness in not having decorations this year (I forgot them all at home) and had gotten a tree and decorated it, complete with my name. I was so touched. My Christmas Spirit-o-meter was full. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Love the sweaters! And this blog, which I'm very excited to follow. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katherine! So excited that we're blogging friends! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete