Friday, June 26, 2009

What I Don't Know

You know, that last post got me thinking that even with my 8,564 days of experience, it's funny how much I don't know. There is so much I am unfamiliar with. Like today I found out that the little kid in Jackson 5 was Michael Jackson! Who knew? I sure didn't--I thought Michael Jackson was a rather odd looking white man who sings the Free Willy song. My cousin got a kick out of that when she realized I was being serious. Or the other day at Cold Stone, I wanted to grab some spoons for my friends to try my ice cream, because that's what friends do, right?, so I grabbed some from the container above the ice cream. My friend Lindsay looked at me strangely and said, "Are those used?" We laughed so hard!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Drake. We all got a good chuckle this morning when we came into the office. I love your honesty and self deprecating humour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the description of the pensieve that you have at the top of your blog. Particularly interesting is how a pensieve can help "spot patterns and links in memories." I think that is one of the best parts of blogs and journals; they really do become a place for excess thoughts and help us make meaning of all of our thoughts, experiences, etc.

    ReplyDelete