Thursday, September 22, 2011

Update from Room 25

1.  You can now check out my classroom projects at www.donorschoose.org/mrallsop.  

2.   I noticed Ray wasn't doing the actions with us during vocabulary and seemed preoccupied with something in his desk. Finally I stopped and asked him to put his hands on his desk, which he did not.   Note: Very few students don't do what I ask, because (a) I ask nicely and (b) they don't want to see Angry Mr. Allsop.  So I walked over there a bit peeved--turns out he had unscrewed the leg of his desk, and the only thing keeping it from tumbling to the ground was his hand.   Children!

3.   We are progressing super nicely towards our goal of knowing all multiplication facts by Christmas.  I show the kids our progress on our tracker below, and they are super invested in it.   The test is 100 multiplication facts, 0-12, to be completed in 5 minutes (i.e. 7x8=, 1x12=).  On the first day of school our class average was 46 out of 100.  Just two weeks later, it was 59.  Yay!


----------------------------------------------------------
P.S.  I LOVE when people comment.  I enjoy getting feedback, hearing your responses to my posts, and just seeing who's reading.  I recently changed some settings, so hopefully now it is ridiculously easy to comment on my blog.  Please do comment!  Even just to say, "I read it" or ":)".   Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Drake, I noticed that you just read the Happiness Hypothesis. I read it back in June and wondered what you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how motivating a chart can be.
    -Katie-Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drake! I love reading your blog. I can't wait until I can come visit and see your teaching skills in action.
    -Maddi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog! I love all your posts, and hope everything is going well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love checking in but sometimes have a hard time making a comment tonight I can yeah ! Grandpa and I do want to come down this winter. Hope we can. oxoxoxox grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read all your blog posts and love hearing about your students. They sound hilarious!

    Good luck with your multiplications. Ironically, I just bought some multiplication flash cards as a review for myself. It's embarrassing how terrible I am at basic multiplication. After thinking 8x4 was 30 and 9x3 was 18, I decided I needed a review. Maybe I should make a chart and set some kind of goal. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm checking it all out! Saw the graph on the multiplication out on your bulletin board everyday. Great work!

    ReplyDelete