Saturday, April 17, 2010

Such Handymen

Tonight I had another Portuguese/Brazilian party with some friends, enjoying good ol' authentic food and dessert. On the way back, we dropped my friend Grant off at his car, but he flagged us down before we could drive off, because he'd locked his keys in the car. He didn't have a spare key, so he tried calling the police, but with little luck.

Meanwhile, my other friend Ken and I took matters into our own hands. I walked into Dillards and asked for a wire hanger, and Ken rummaged around in his truck to find some other potential tools. The driver's side window was open just a crack, so Ken fashioned a circle on the end of the wire hanger, pushed it through the crack, and maneuvered it into position over the lock. Then I reached in with another plastic hanger to push the wire hanger onto the lock. Miracle of miracles, when Ken pulled up with the wire hanger, the door unlocked! I couldn't stop laughing! It actually worked! Ken and I high-fived each other. We are such handymen!

No comments:

Post a Comment