Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Alliance

I must pay tribute to this my favorite book of all time. Last week I finally decided that I should own my favorite book, so when a barnesandnoble.com coupon came my way, I seized the day. Of course, when it got here this week I felt like it needed an inauguration, and who better for its maiden reading than me! Now the thing about this book is it's such a page turner from Chapter 1 that I've never succeeded in reading it in less than two days. Even now I just couldn't put it down! It's such a incredible, compelling story. As I read I felt supreme sorrow and disgust, confusion and mystery, and even relief and joy. The story addresses the most fundamental of human rights, the freedom to choose, to be good, and forces you to reconsider what is right, and what one can/should do to defend what is right. And it's so full of action and plot twists and plain cleverness, that it just keeps you reeling! If you haven't read this book yet, I highly recommend it to you. And here's the good news--now I've got a copy, so just ask me and you can borrow it!

3 comments:

  1. ...how many pages is it? I need to know this before I can commit...and even then we both know it's not a done deal! hahaha LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ir's not about the pages (though there are 329 of them). It's about an incredible reading experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Drake -
    I read that book last year. Mykal was telling me how much she loved it, so I decided to give it a go. I thought it was amazing too!
    Your brother

    ReplyDelete