Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cabin 2011

Of all my trips this summer, visiting my Grandpa's cabin was the non-negotiable. It's probably my favorite place in the world. Grandpa says it is some of the most pristine, untouched wilderness in the country, and I'd agree. My friend Lindsay drove up with me from Vegas (and learned how to drive stick shift on the way) and we made quite a road trip of it.

We spent a day in Cody, seeing some of the sights, then we spent the next two days up Wind River at the cabin. We went on four-wheeler rides, explored the old mining town of Kerwin, and kept our soda in the river. Grandpa cut down some dying trees, and Lindsay and I tried our hands at wood splitting.

I was kinda bummed when we didn't see any animals the first day, especially since the people we passed on the road had all seen bears. Then the last afternoon, Lindsay and I were driving on the four-wheeler to close the gate when she starts shrieking and grabbing me--there was a moose right off the side of the road! Wow! Awesome and slightly scary. I was just super excited that we got to see an animal. All in all a very successful cabin trip.

Nature's Refrigerator

Die, Wood, Die!

No comments:

Post a Comment